Sometimes it can feel like life is imitating the plot of “Ground Hog’s Day”. We feel like we’re living the same day over and over.
We often feel like we want to do something different but we’re unsure how to go about it. And let’s be real, most of the time it’s because we’re afraid of change.
Having a growth mindset is one way to create excitement in your life and change the patterns you might be stuck in. Find out how you can use a 30 day challenge to create the best life possible.
What is a 30 Day Challenge?
A 30 day challenge is where you take a big goal and break it down into daily tasks. Creating small daily tasks makes it easier to achieve noticeable change over a more manageable period of time.
The type of challenge you choose is really only limited by your imagination. You can choose to learn a new skill or hobby, break a bad habit, or develop better habits. It’s really all about what goals are most important to you.
How Do You Do a 30 Day Challenge?
It’s really quite simple:
- Pick a Challenge From the List Below.
- Sign up to get my 30 Day Challenge Workbook & Tracker
- Get a buddy to do the challenge with you or ask for support from your family or friends.
- Document what you want to do daily.
- Track your successes and failures.
- At the end of the challenge jot down what you learned (what worked and didn’t work).
- Decide if it is something you would like to continue in your every day life.
- Drink More Water: Get a water app for your phone and try to drink at least 8 8oz. glasses of water a day.
- Eliminate Extra Sugar From Your Diet: Check labels and try not to eat anything that is pre-packaged containing added sugar. Eat more whole foods.
- Get Moving: Walk 30min a day.
- Eat Only Whole Foods: Try to eat nothing containing more than four real food ingredients. Only eat whole ingredient foods. Avoid heavily processed food.
- Connect With Your Spouse: Say something heart-felt to your spouse everyday. Tell them one thing you appreciate about them.
- Communicate: Spend 30mins each day talking to someone you care about without any distractions. Listen twice as much as you talk.
- Family Time: Eat dinner at the table as a family. Even though it’s just me and Aaron now, we do this every night.
- Thoughtfulness: Do something nice for a loved one daily. It doesn’t have to be a huge act of kindness.
- Have Me Time: Take 30min each morning of quiet time to get a better start to your day.
- Meditate: Spend 20min in meditation or prayer each day. Help clear your mind and focus on what truly matters.
- Relax: Take a relaxing bath or hot shower just before bed to help you relax and wash away the stress of the day.
- Time in the Word: Spend 30min each day reading the Bible. (Join a Bible study).
- Clean: Do one cleaning task each day. Do a load of laundry, dishes, dust, etc…
- Organize: De-clutter one drawer, cupboard, or closet.
- Reduce: Donate or toss one item you don’t need.
- Make a Home: Do one small craft or project to beautify your home (big or small).
- Stop biting your nails
- Quit drinking/smoking
- Cut back on wasteful spending
- Reduce screen time. Limit yourself to 20min a day.
- Read: Find a reading challenge
- Write: Find a good writing challenge or write in a journal everyday
- Learn: Research a topic you know nothing about. Read a non-fiction book or look online.
- Expand your ideas: Watch a video or listen to a podcast that challenges your beliefs and ideas.
- Learn a new skill: Check out YouTube videos about something you’ve always wanted to learn.
- Practice an old skill: Practice something you love everyday that you may have gotten too busy to do.
- Research: Find a way to get better at something you already know how to do. Get extra training, take a course, or find a mentor.
- Take a Class: Find a community course or online course to learn something new.
- Try a new hobby every week.
- Take time to do your favorite hobby every day.
- Teach your hobby or craft to someone else.
- Participate in someone else’s hobby with them.
Self Improvement With 30 Day Challenges
I hope you found inspiration in my list of 30 day challenge ideas. Don’t forget to get your free 30 Day Challenge Workbook to help keep you on track.
Remember even if you stumble along the way through your challenge, that is still growth. Self improvement is a long journey and 30 day challenges are a fun way to experience that journey.