I’m not a huge baker. I’m more of a cook. Baking is a little too precise for me. I am a huge fan of a dash
I like to put them in small loaf pans and give them away as Christmas gifts. But they work just as well in your regular size loaf pans. It’s a very forgiving and versatile recipe. Just the way I like to bake.
However you choose to share this recipe. I’m absolutely certain it will be a crowd pleaser. Enjoy!
- 2/3 c shortening
- 2 2/3 c sugar
- 4 eggs
- 16 oz pumpkin puree
- 2/3 c water
- 3 1/3 c flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- Pre-heat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Mix all wet ingredients together in mixing bowl until all ingredients incorporated.
- In a separate bowl mix together dry ingredients thoroughly.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet, mix until smooth.
- Grease bread pans with some shortening and fill 2/3 of the way with batter.
- Place pans in center rack of the oven and bake for 1hr 10min. or until a toothpick poked in center comes out clean. If using smaller pans bake for an hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from pans and cool on a cooling rack.