Special Valentine’s Day for Your Spouse
I know many people who think Valentine’s Day is a sham of a holiday. “It was invented by the greeting card companies”. (Is there a phrase equivalent to “Bah humbug” for Valentine’s Day?) Well, I’m not one of those people. I think Valentine’s Day is sweet. And nowadays I think it’s perfectly understandable to have a day to remind us we need to celebrate how special our loved ones are. And it’s a true show of love if you go out of your way to make Valentine’s Day special for your spouse.
Valentine’s Day is the perfect opportunity to break up the rut that many marriages get into. We all do it. Our daily routines can make everyday seem like “Groundhog’s Day”, living the same day over and over. And our relationships can end up becoming a victim of our busy lives. Come on, who hasn’t said, “Not tonight hon, I’m exhausted”? Your spouse deserves better and so do you!
More Than Flowers and Candy
I mentioned in my previous article about how men like acts or demonstrations of love. And women prefer shows of emotion or verbal statements of love. So we’re going to use these rules when coming up with ideas to treat your spouse special on Valentines’ Day.
The goal of making Valentine’s Day special for your spouse is to separate it from any other day. And to make it more than just a holiday about candy, flowers, and cards. It should be like a mini holiday for you and your spouse. A time to let the rest of the world just melt away and rekindle some of that young love you had when you were first together.
Tips for Treating Your Wife on Valentine’s Day
One answer. Massage. I don’t know a single woman who doesn’t appreciate a
Ideas to treat your lady on Valentine’s Day
- Surprise her by having her favorite flowers sent to her with a note asking her to pick out a favorite dress to wear for the date you’re taking her on that night. Then take her to her favorite restaurant, make a candlelit picnic in the living room, or whatever date you know is her favorite. (I know flowers, but honestly, they work.)
- Draw her a bath with candles and bubbles and if you have kids arrange to have someone watch them for the night. And tell her she has the night off to be pampered.
- Write her a note about how much she means to you. Include something about what made you fall in love with her when you met and what makes your love even stronger now. Tell her how and why she is so special to you.
- Spend a quiet night at home watching her favorite movie cuddled up on the couch.
Tips for Showing Your Husband How Special He is on Valentine’s Day
When I say guys like demonstrations of love, I’m not just talking about the obvious. They also like being reminded that you appreciate their role in the home.
Ideas to treat your man on Valentine’s Day
- Tell him how much you appreciate all that he does for you and your family. Men need to hear this. And let’s be honest how often do we tell them? It’s easy to forget with all the busyness of life, especially if you have kids.
- Make him his favorite meal.
- If you have kids, arrange to have someone take them for the night. Put on the outfit he loves you in and
doyour hair and makeup. Meet him at the door with a loving kiss. Give him a romantic evening. Don’t forget to wear his favorite perfume, scentis a huge deal to men.
- And unlike women men appreciate a message with it leading to something a little more romantic. That’s always a winner.
Show Your Love for Your Spouse
No matter how you choose to make Valentine’s Day special for your spouse it’s about the love and commitment you share with each other. We should always take time out of our day to let our spouse know how much they mean to us. We all know that life can get pretty crazy sometimes and our marriages can get lost in the daily ruts we sometimes end up in. So it’s always a blessing to consistently communicate our love for one another.
Love is something that grows and changes with time just as we as individuals do. So, Valentine’s Day is a day that reminds us to keep that love alive and strong. That’s why I will never be
Thanks for Stopping by Making it Home!
Enjoy these other posts about Valentine’s Day from my fellow bloggers.
Creating a Valentines Day Everyone Will Remember (and it’s Almost Free) by Faith & Family Farmhouse
What is Valentine’s Day? by Life on Mercedes Drive
3 Easy Ways to Add Romance to Your Home by Hydrangea Treehouse
Intentional Family Valentine’s Day Ideas by Angela at Arrow Hill Cottage
Subscribe to our bi-monthly newsletter and get the Reconnect With Your Spouse free printable instantly! Click on the image below!
Share On Pinterest